At The Centre our ‘Support in the Community’ initiative helps 12 charities by providing awareness-raising and fundraising opportunities, including free pop-up space in the mall, a £250 Gift Card donation and marketing support.
Over the years we’ve supported a number of charities including Kidzeco and West Lothian Youth Foundation (WLYF), and more recently Polbeth Community HUB, West Lothian Diabetes Scotland Group, Carers of West Lothian, and West Lothian Youth Action Project.
We want to help even more organisations which is why our ‘Support in the Community’ initiative is designed to help 12 charities by giving them free pop-up space for a weekend in the mall to help raise awareness of the great work they are doing and appeal for donations, including food, books, toys, pre-loved clothing and funds.
Charities and organisations who would like to be involved in the initiative can check out the criteria below.
To nominate a charity or organisation for consideration, download the application form below and email the completed form to email@example.com or you can pick up an application form from our Customer Service Desk near New Look, fill in the form and hand it back to a member of our Customer Service Team.
All nominations are held on file for a year so though we may do call-outs on our social for charity nominations at different times of the year, it’s not necessary to nominate the same charity more than once.
Criteria and T&Cs for nominations to The Centre’s ‘Support in the Community’ initiative:
- Nominations can be made by residents in the United Kingdom and individuals aged 18 or over.
- The initiative is open to registered charities and organisations.
- To nominate a charity or organisation, download our application form from the link on this page, complete the form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application forms are also available to pick up from our Customer Service Desk near New Look. Simply complete the form and hand it back to a member of our Customer Service Team.
- All nominations are held on file for a year so repeat nominations are not required.
- The Centre cannot be held responsible for emails that do not arrive due to the nominator’s email security settings or restrictions placed by their Internet service provider. Please note that sending is not proof of receipt.
- The 12 charities and organisations invited to be part of the ‘Support in the Community’ initiative will be chosen by a panel of judges from The Centre, Livingston. The panel’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Each of the 12 charities and organisations involved in the ‘Support in the Community’ initiative will receive free pop-up space for a weekend in the mall, a £250 Centre Gift Card donation and marketing support.
- By nominating a charity or organisation to be part of the ‘Support in the Community’ initiative, nominators are deemed to accept these terms and conditions which will be governed by the laws of Scotland.
- The Centre reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time through the The Centre website without giving notice.