Following the success of our first ever ‘Elf Toddle Walk’ fundraising event last year for Children’s Hospices Across Scotland, (CHAS), we’re really excited to be hosting it again on Sunday, 19th November at 9am!
Over 150 little elves took part last year dressed top-to-toe in elf outfits, and adults too, and completed a one-mile lap around The Centre, Livingston, led by Santa’s elves, raising over £5000 for the charity, which provides the country’s only hospice services for children and young people with life-shortening conditions.
The charity has been providing full family support, including medical care and emotional support, for over 30 years and is committed to ensuring that no matter how short their time may be together, it is a time filled with happiness and fun.
This year we’re planning to do it all over again!
To help get the toddlers get on their way, there will be entertainment by acrobatic elves getting up to mischief and Christmas tunes by Go Radio’s afternoon presenter Gina McKie and Floorfillerz presenter, Stevie Lennon, who will be joining in the fun, light warm up.
On completion of the walk, all children will receive a commemorative wooden keepsake medal and a special Christmas treat.
The event entertainment begins at 8.30am on Sunday, 19th November ahead of the Elf Toddle Walk starting at 9am. Tickets are £5 per child, with all proceeds going to CHAS,which can be booked here.
Once registered, a Christmas goody bag with a personal walk number and elf hat can be collected from the Customer Service Desk at The Centre, Livingston between the 31st October and 18th November, with proof of ticket, to enable participants to take part on the day.
Please download the CHAS sponsorship form here if you’d like help raise more funds for the charity by getting family and friends to sponsor you on the Elf Toddler Walk.
Dressing up in your favourite festive attire is encouraged!
The Centre’s Elf Toddle Walk Terms & Conditions:
- The Centre’s Elf Toddle Walk consists of a 1 mile walk around The Centre, Livingston.
- Event entertainment will begin at 8.30am ahead of the Elf Toddle Walk at 9am.
- The Elf Toddle Walk is restricted to 400 participants.
- Entry tickets are available to purchase here
- Entry is £5 per child and there are no age restrictions. Children under 16 must be accompanied by a minimum of one adult who will be responsible for their safety throughout the event.
- The entry fee is non-refundable.
- Entry tickets purchased should be shown to staff at The Centre’s Customer Service Desk from Monday 31st October – Saturday 18th November where they can pick up their Walk Number and Elf Hat. Walk numbers must be collected in advance and cannot be collected on the day of the walk.
- All entry fees will go to Children’s Hospices Across Scotland, CHAS, which provides the country’s only hospice services for children and young people with life-shortening conditions.
- Fancy dress is encouraged.
- As this is a fun walk there will be no place prizes, timings or published results.
- As part of the walk, children will encounter some special Christmas surprises and treats and on completion will be awarded with a commemorative medal for taking part.
- All participants enter the walk at their own risk and should not take part unless medically fit to walk the route. If any participant has a medical condition which could be affected by exercise, they should obtain their doctor’s approval before participating.
- In no event shall The Centre, Livingston be liable for any injuries, loss or damages whatsoever, including indirect, punitive, special, incidental or consequential losses connected with any aspect of this walk.
- Entrants should be aware that photographs and video taken during the walk may be used to publicise the event.
- By completing the entry form, participants agree to follow the reasonable directions of The Centre, Livingston and abide by the Terms and Conditions of entry for the Elf Toddle Walk.
- The Centre, Livingston reserves the right to cancel this event at any time due to unforeseen circumstances.