This year we’re inviting you to join us in a trip down memory lane as we unveil plans for a nostalgic ‘History of The Centre’ exhibition which will give shoppers the chance to reminisce and share stories from years gone by.
The exhibition will feature archive photos of some of the first shops to open, including Presto, Virgo, Coda Music and the superstore, Woolco, which was officially opened in 1976 by musicians J. J. Barrie and his wife Christine Holmes, who was a presenter on the children’s programme Crackerjack.
We’re giving you the chance to take part in our exhibition by inviting you to share your fondest memories of the mall over the years, either by emailing your stories and photos to firstname.lastname@example.org or handing in old photographs to the Customer Service Desk.
What’s more, entrants whose photos are chosen to be part of the exhibition, or shared on our social media channels, will receive a £25 Gift Card to spend at The Centre, as a thank you for your involvement.
We’re really looking forward to unveiling our ‘History of The Centre’ exhibition and to hear some of the great memories people have of our shopping centre. Whether it’s from when you worked in the mall when it first opened or of your favourite stores, all of your memories will help us tell the wonderful story of The Centre over the decades.
T&Cs for submissions to The Centre’s ‘History of The Centre’ exhibition:
- Entries are open to residents in the United Kingdom and individuals aged 18 or over.
- To enter, send your favourite memory of The Centre over the years, or a photo taken at The Centre, to email@example.com
- Images should be in JPEG format. Entrants consent to The Centre cropping the image.
- Memories of The Centre, as well as images, can be submitted digitally in an email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Photos can also be handed in to The Centre’s Customer Service Desk near New Look. Please ensure that you retain the original copy as photos cannot be returned to the owner.
- The deadline for submissions is 23.59pm on Monday 21st February 2022. All submissions received after this time will not be eligible. Please note that sending is not proof of receipt.
- The Centre cannot be held responsible for emails that do not arrive due to the entrant’s email security settings or restrictions placed by their Internet service provider.
- By submitting photos to The Centre’s ‘History of The Centre’ exhibition, each entrant confirms and warrants that:
- they have the permission of anyone pictured in the photo (or, where the image shows any persons under 18, the consent of their parent/guardian) for the usage rights required by The Centre, Livingston and will indemnify The Centre, Livingston against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such infringement;
- they have not licensed or disposed of any rights in the image that would conflict with uses to be made by The Centre, Livingston.
- Entrants will retain copyright of their submitted photographs. By submitting photos to the exhibition all entrants grant to The Centre the right to publish and exhibit their photographs on any printed materials and internet-based distribution sites including, without limitations, The Centre website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and in any other media for an undetermined period of time. No fees will be payable for any of the above uses.
- If The Centre uses the submission as part of the exhibition, or shares the submission on social media, the entrant will receive a £25 Gift Card to spend at The Centre, which is valid at over 80 stores and all restaurants. No purchase required. No cash alternative.
- By submitting entries to this exhibition, entrants are deemed to accept these terms and conditions which will be governed by the laws of Scotland.
- The Centre reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time through the The Centre website without giving notice.
Charity of the Month: Polbeth Community HUB
Charity of the Month: Polbeth Community HUB read more ›
Kidzeco - your one stop shop for all things baby
Kidzeco - your one stop shop for all things baby read more ›
Back to School must-haves at The Centre, Livingston
Back to School must-haves at The Centre, Livingston read more ›
The Centre launches its ‘Support in the Community’ initiative
The Centre launches its ‘Support in the Community’ initiative read more ›
Pop-up Mall Art event at The Centre this summer
Pop-up Mall Art event at The Centre this summer read more ›
The Centre, Livingston launches a model search as part of its ‘Summer Smile’ Photo Campaign
The Centre, Livingston launches a model search as part of its ‘Summer Smile’ Photo Campaign read more ›